These are the rules of Plants vs. Zombies Character Creator Wiki. It is important that you follow them to insure that you have the best time here.
- Please speak coherent English at all times.
- Refrain from talking about sensitive/controversial subjects. These can include:
- Controversial subjects in the news
- Suicide, homicide and death
- Sexual content
- You can edit only the pages that you own. You can only edit other people's pages if it's one of the following reasons.
- Adding or removing appropriate article management templates
- Free-edit sections
- Reverting vandalism
- Permission given by owner
- Don't fluff edit. Fluff editing is the act of putting content little by little into a page just to rise up your edit count. Doing this repetitively will result in a block.
- If you have been blocked, please refrain from creating sockpuppets, or alternate accounts, to avoid your block.
- The official PvZCC Discord server is the one linked on the site. These rules are also applied there, along with the server's own specific rules.
- This wiki is about ideas for Plants vs. Zombies games only.
- Make sure your pages...
- Try to have most of what you are supposed to have on the page before publishing it. Although you can expand upon it over time, you should make it presentable at the time of the first publishing. Please follow all the page layouts and see what a page is supposed to have.
- If you need somewhere to draft your page before publishing, you can go to your userpage and add /Sandbox behind the URL to create a subpage of your userpage and draft in there. You can use whatever name you prefer instead of Sandbox. Once you feel that your draft is ready to be presented, you can copy the source codes from there and finally make your article.
- You are not allowed to add a colored page name or use any template which modify your page's display name (other than abbreviations and adding your username).
- All content on your page must be your own. A clear "yes" must be given from other users in order to use their creations as a part of your page.
- Pages that don’t follow the rules may be marked with article management templates and if not fixed within a week will be marked for deletion.
- However, pages that are extremely stubby, for example, just a few sentences, might be deleted immediately.
- Always make sure your creation's concept has not been done previously before creating its page.
- Follow the manual of style.
- Numbered sequels of the canon games are not allowed, such as Plants vs. Zombies 4, Plants vs. Zombies Heroes 2, or Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville 2. You can create sequels for your own games though.
- You are allowed to abandon a game if you lose interest in it, however please do not leave the game as a stub. Make it a complete page before abandoning it.
- Try not to have more than 2 unfinished games at the same time.
Worlds and Minigames
- You are not allowed to simply re-create an existing canon world as your own page unless it is for your own game.
- Direct sequels of existing minigames are not allowed. Be unique.
- Worlds need to have plants, zombies, and at least 1 unique mechanic.
Achievements, Items, and Levels
- Stand-alone achievement pages are not allowed. You may add your achievements to your game page under a section. If you have 12 or more achievements in your game, you may create a subpage dedicated to your pages.
- For items, it’s highly encouraged to put them under a section of your game since each of them generally have too little information for having a page for each of them. You may create a subpage dedicated to the items for your game if there are a big number of items in your game. However, if an item has a lot of details, you can make a stand-alone page for it.
- Individual level pages are not allowed. Please make them in a subpage, such as "Ancient Egypt Levels".
- Don't post explicit content or any content that could be considered upsetting to others.
- Don't post content which could count towards bullying or harassment.
- When naming a file, please don't name it gibberish like "wejwevhfwkqf.png" or "69234942035.png", call it something like "Peashooter_PVZ2.png" or "Gargantuar2.png".
- Please also refrain from naming it "Caulipower PvZ2.png" if it's an image of a Flag Zombie or naming it "Sunflower2.png" if it's not a PvZ2 Sunflower.
- A "3" at the end of an image name means it's in PvZ3, a "2" means it's in PvZ2 and a "1" means it's in PvZ1. Don't tag one of them to your image incorrectly, and if you see an incorrectly tagged image, please tell a staff member so it can be fixed.
- Do not upload other people's content without permission.
- Don't upload images that are copies of other images. It clutters things and is pointless.
- Don't upload images that are low-quality. These include blurry, pixelated, and images with no content. The only exception is when an image of that manner is required for a creation.
- Be friendly and try not to be be rude to others. This includes an explicit ban on general bigotry, including the following: racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, LGBTQphobia of any kind, antisemitism, ableism, etc - that is, slander/discrimination against social minorities and the like. This also covers slurs, and therefore excludes these words from the allowed swearing rule, even if implicitly disallowed before.
- Do not insult others or act mean in general.
- Do not troll or harass other users for any reason.
- Do not necrobump a thread - this means posting on them after long periods of time (roughly 3+ months). Repetitive necrobumping will result in a block.
- If your message is off-topic to the thread, include "//" at the front of it.
- Try not to post multiple messages in a row, as that is considered spam.
- In order to vote you must be at least 2 months old on the wiki, and have been actively contributing to the wiki for the past 3 weeks. You also must have at least 400 edits.
- Always add a sensible reason to your vote.
- Please only vote once. If you decide to change your vote, delete your old vote or edit it to fit your new stance on the subject.
- Don't have more than 1 active roleplay to your name at a time.
- Don't spam a roleplay with requests to join.
- Follow the roleplay owner's rules for the thread. If you're not sure about somthing, ask the question with "//" in front of it to make sure it isn't mistaken as a part of the roleplay.
- Never abuse power. Don't block/ban users for a reason that does not violate the rules (e.g. Blocking users because you don't like them).
- When adding a new rule that users may disagree with, please check with other staff first.
- When a new user unknowingly breaks a rule, please give them a friendly and light warning.
Wikia Terms of Service
Please note these rules are not made by PvZCC staff, but were published by Wikia and apply to all wikias. They're here for legal reasons.
You agree not to:
- Harass members of the Service
- Use the Service in any unlawful manner or in any other manner which could damage, impair, or overburden the site
- Post, upload, transmit, share, or store content which is unlawful, defamatory, infringing, obscene, or invasive of another person's right to privacy or publicity
- Impersonate another entity or person
- Post, upload, transmit, share, or store unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, solicitations, "spam", or any other type of unauthorised solicitation
- Solicit personal information from any user under the age of 18
- Access or attempt to access any information on the Service through an interface other than the Service or otherwise approved by the Company
- Solicit passwords or other information for unlawful purposes.
You further agree to:
- Maintain the confidentiality of any password(s) associated with your use of the Service
- Notify the company immediately in case of any unauthorised use of your account