The Manual of Style is used to keep a consistent and clean writing style throughout the wiki. It also helps make your creations look more realistic, and overall more enjoyable to read.
These guidelines are a summary of the most important guidelines for this wiki, but a more expansive set of style guidelines can be found on Wikipedia at the Wikipedia Manual of Style.
As stated in the rules, this wiki is English-only. Since Plants vs. Zombies is an American game, American English will be used here.
- For example, words like "color" or "favorite" must be written like so, instead of the "colour" or "favourite" spellings.
- Keep titles non-abbreviated whenever possible, especially in game pages.
- Plants vs. Zombies 2: It's About Time should be written as only Plants vs. Zombies 2.
- Pages that aren't games may use abbreviations in their titles (such as Lily Pad (PvZH)). Use the following abbreviations only:
- Use proper grammar and refrain from improper terms (such as contractions). Improper terms can be used in strategies and flavor text, however.
- Keep game titles in italics.
- For words with hyphens, the word right after a hyphen must not be capitalized unless it is a Plants vs. Zombies Heroes creation
- In tower defense creations, Wall-nut would be correct while Wall-Nut would be incorrect.
- In Plants vs. Zombies Heroes creations, Wall-Nut (PvZH) would be correct while Wall-nut (PvZH) would be incorrect.
- In every other case, only capitalize with titles. Particular cases include "Almanac entry," "Level 1-1," and "Plant Food upgrade."
- Whole numbers zero through ten must be written as words and not digits.
- However, a plant's statistics can be written as digits in infoboxes and almanac entries.
- When describing a plants radius, use digits. For example, Cherry Bomb's blast radius is 3x3, not threexthree.
- Levels can also be written in digits (Level/Day x).
Layout can be pretty complicated. See here for how to properly format your page.