Plants vs. Zombies: World Tour is a fan-made tower defense Plants vs. Zombies spin-off game created by CCogStudios. In this game, you and Crazy Dave must travel around the world to a variety of countries in order to stop Dr. Zomboss' plans of world take over. Plants vs. Zombies: World Tour uses the same visual appearance as the second game, Plants vs. Zombies 2.
Dr. Zomboss has grown fed up with always having his zombie hordes vanquished by the powerful plants so he has decided to abandon his hunt for Suburbia's takeover so he instead decides to take over the world.
Crazy Dave however isn't going to let that happen, so you and him travel in his time-travelling RV Penny to twenty-four different countries around the world to stop the zombie scientist once and for all.
For the full list of mechanics, visit Plants vs. Zombies: World Tour/Gameplay, Mechanics and Features
- Adventure: Chase Dr. Zomboss across 24 different countries in order to prevent him from taking over the world!
- Puzzle Palace (Home Town access): Take part in brain busting challenges such as I, Zombie, Last Stand, Vasebreaker, and Not OK Corral for tons of rewards!
- Challenge Carnival (Home Town access): Play over 100 rule-bending mini-games and objective-based levels and try and reach the top!
- Dave-tastic Battle (Home Town access): Survive wave after wave of endless zombie carnage from the un-safety of Crazy Dave's backyard!
- Global Gauntlet: Play as the Plants, or the Zombies, and play against a friend or stranger online and try to eat their brains or destroy their Target zombies in order to win!
- Cuckoo Coliseum: Compete with strangers online with a team of plants and try your best to destroy as many zombies as possible before the enemy does to win!
- Penny's Space-Time Emporium: Purchase plants, costumes and more from the shop!
- World Almanac: Research all of the plants, zombies, items, and gimmicks from across the world!
- Travel Log: Earn prizes for beating tasks and making progress, go on Yeti Hunts, and go on Hero Quests!
- Clubs: Make a club, or join one, and share your adventures online with screenshots, recorded levels, and make friends to compete in community challenges, share levels, and go head-to-head with them in multiplayer modes!
- Home Town: Travel back to Suburbia to play through various different game modes, tend to your Zen Garden, gain tacos or send and receive zombie invasions of your own choosing to your friends!
- Zen Garden (Home Town access): Grow as many plants as possible to add to your collection and produce tons of coins! Customize your plants and gardens, and showcase them with others for further interaction!
With the exception of Suburbia, these are the main locations of World Tour, with twenty-four Adventure Mode countries as well as the tutorial level. Every country will also have their difficulty being rated out of five Jalapeños, with one being the least hard while five being the most difficult. As time goes on, more and more countries will be added in at later updates.
Every country has its own set of gimmicks, plants, zombies, as well as having its own setting. While most levels of every area are standard and have no additional objectives, there are a few levels scattered throughout that have objectives such as a Save Our Seeds level on USA Day 10, or a Flower Crossing level on Canada Day 3. The fifteenth level in each world is a huge wave attack, featuring most if not all of the zombies from that country in a conveyor belt-styled level.
Each world has two or three additional side paths which can be unlocked through first beating the level corresponding with it, and then beating a set amount of zombies from that country once it becomes accessible. These side paths can introduce extra plants, extra zombies and additional gimmicks and often end in a good reward.
Adventure Mode Countries
|USA||Stone Statues||Trucker Zombie|
||Aster Blaster Maple Bomb||Canadian Zombie, Canadian Flag Zombie, Canadian Conehead, Canadian Buckethead, , Maple Syrup Zombie, , , Shoveler Gargantuar, Parka Imp, , , Zombie Polar Bear,|
|Mexico||Gravestones||Fungi-pult Aztec Marigold||Mexican Zombie, Mexican Flag Zombie, Mexican Conehead, Mexican Buckethead, , , Taco Imp, , , , Glowbone Gargantuar, Skeleton Imp, Luchador Zombie, Aztec Zombie, , Piñata Imp|
|El Salvador||Water Bodies||Granadillery Matasleepo Rotomato||, Fruit Trader Zombie, Tango Zombie, Jet Ski Zombie,|
|Papua New Guinea||Water Lanes|
|New Zealand||Geyser Holes|
|South Africa||Tall Grass||African Zombie|
|Wild Animals||Wild Animals|
There are currently ??? plants in World Tour. ??? plants can be unlocked in Adventure Mode, and ??? can be bought from the Store. For more information, visit the Plant Almanac.
There are currently ??? zombies in World Tour. For more information, visit the Zombie Almanac.
Check out all the possible achievements obtainable in World Tour by visiting the achievements page.
- FANDOM Creeper
- Rugby Zombie
- The name of the game was originally going to be called “Plants vs. Zombies: Around the World in 80 Brains” but the creator decided that it would not suit the game since, although both media products are about travelling around the world, there are more than 80 levels in the game, 80 locations would be difficult to design, and the name of the game is too long.
- The name, Plants vs. Zombies: World Tour, is a reference to the Canadian animated TV series Total Drama World Tour.
- Currently, Plants vs. Zombies: World Tour has undergone three reboots, as the creator has not been happy with the quality of the game in the past.